Vinyl Decals are most commonly confused with stickers, though they are very similar, there are a few key differences that you should be aware of:
- Decals are not printed like a sticker, there is no ink. Instead they are cut from a single color roll of vinyl. Vinyl is much more durable than printed stickers, and therefore an ideal choice for automobiles and outdoor or indoor use.
- Decals have no background color, nor do they have a clear background, the background simply isn't there. A transfer sheet is used in the application process (see application instructions).
- We carry two types of vinyl, Oracal 651 and Oracal 631.
- The 651 can be applied indoors or outdoors, has a glossy finish and is rated to last 6 years.
- The 631 is specifically made for indoor use, it has a matte finish to blend with painted walls and is rated for 3 years.
- BOTH VINYLS ARE NOT REUSABLE, once you take them down they are done.
Please watch video below to better understand the process of making a vinyl decal and therefore a better understanding of what a decal is.